Thursday, November 08, 2012

An Cailleach Bheara

From the Irish Film Board / Bord Scannán na hÉireann comes a fabulous short film (8:01 min.), An Cailleach Bheara. Go raibh maith agat to our beloved Annie for sharing this one. (Annie and I have a lot of overlap in our subscribers, but if you don't yet follow her blog, I highly recommend it!)

The film references a few traditional stories about An Cailleach Bheara, our ancient foremother - ancestor, creatrix, and spirit woman (maybe a Goddess, but who knows, really). The juxtaposition of ancient and modern is brilliant and moving. At first I wasn't too keen on the costume they used, but thanks to the actors I came to love it.


Still from An Cailleach Bheara - Irish Film Board

1 comment:

Sophia Catherine said...

I love this. Thank you for the link!